Top 10 facts about PV Sindhu
Here are the top 10 facts about PV Sindhu who made the nation proud by winning silver medal in RIO olympics in 2016.
1.Pusarla Venkata Sindhu Was born on 5 July 1995 in Hyderabad.
2. Both her Parents P. V. Ramana and P. Vijayawere Professional Volleyball players. Her father P. V. Ramana went on to win Arjuna Award in 2000.
3. She was always inclined towards sport, mostly because of her parent’s sporting background. They encouraged her to play sport which she loves.
4. Sindhu chose Badminton after being inspired from Pullela Gopichand’s Success in International arena.
5. After learning basics she joined Academy.
6. She used to travel 56 KM distance every day to reach academy and never ever got late. Enough to show her willingness and determination to become one of the best in world. She worked for hours with her coach from as early as 4:30 AM in the Morning.
7. She went on to win several tournament at national level and soon started playing International matches. She went on to win various Singles events and her ranking got bettered every year. From 255 in 2009 to 10th in 2016.
8. In 2013 she became first ever Indian women’s singles player to win a medal at World Championships. She made history when she repeated her feat in 2014 as well and thus came into lime light in India.
9. She is an Arjun Awardee and Padma Shri Awardee as well. She was also awarded as Indian of The Year in 2014 by NDTV
10. She is also youngest every Indian to win an Olympic Medal. She lost to Carolina Marin in Olympics 2016 Final and won Silver Medal.
Nation salute you…PV Sindhu..